Author: Dana Leipold
Publication Date: June 2015
Genre: Women’s Fiction
Familiar abuse or an uncertain future? Which would you choose?
This is Laurel Lee Page’s dilemma when she is faced with an unplanned pregnancy at nineteen. Born into a broken family, guilt and shame are all she has ever known. No matter what she does or whom she meets, Laurel appears to be living a condemned life.
However, she is determined to find independence and freedom in spite of her family’s legacy of hatred and self-contempt.
Set in Southern California during the tumultuous 1960’s, Burnt Edges is a contemporary novel based on true events that prove strength can emerge in the most horrific of circumstances.
Amazon ~ Barnes & Nobles ~ Goodreads
Top Ten List: Top 10 Books
- Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
- The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver
- The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver
- Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
- Grace (Eventually) Thoughts on Faith by Anne Lamott
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- Lit by Mary Karr
- Everybody Into the Pool by Beth Lisick
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman
- A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore
Dana Leipold is an author and member of the Association of Independent Authors. Her debut novel, Burnt Edges, depicts the unwavering resilience of a young woman in the face of family violence and abuse.
She has self-published two other books: a collection of limericks in Dr. Seuss-style for adults entitled, Stupid Poetry: The Ultimate Collection of Sublime and Ridiculous Poems, and a non-fiction book entitled, The Power of Writing Well: Write Well. Change the World.
This tour was organized by Good Tales Book Tours!